Due to a supply problem with its regular supplier, the time-scales were extremely short, with prototypes needing to be put into the field within two weeks. This meant the normal process of approval had to be short-circuited so initial samples for approval were not requested. The customer requested a factory specification only as verification of the design and took the risk for the pre-production quantity to meet the time-scales.
The schedule was as follows:
- Customer provides specification to Components Bureau
- Factory produces manufacturing specification
- Customer approves
- 100 pcs pre-production build carried out
- Deliver by express courier to the customer
- Total process time 10 days including freight